Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's In a Name

I guess if I put a little thought in it before I named this blog, I wouldn't have Google ads touting all the expensive rehab centers in California. Not that a golf rehab center isn't a bad idea for those who are truely over the top. I mean an addiction is an addiction, I'm just not sure what a golf rehab would look like.

Would it be at a beautiful manor surrounded by carefully tended gardens and relaxing pools? Nah. That's like being at the clubhouse of an expensive course with a bunch of water hazards. How would that help break the habit. I'm thinking it should be on a goat farm somewhere in the boonies preferably on a flat piece of ground with no trees.

Physical exercise is an important part of any rehabilitation. Take the wedge out of the addict's hand and give him an old fashioned sythe then point him towards a field of weeds. This effectively redirects the need to swing a club into a more productive activity. Don't give him a glove.

Golf is a quiet game of concentration. I suggest that the addict be exposed to loud noise, say a constantly running diesel engine or over amped country music. Having Miss Bud Lite of 1983 as the chief counsler would also create the real life distraction that the addict has to learn to face up to.

Twenty-eight days of treatment and the addict will be well on his way...hmmm.

Goat farm, weeds, boonies, loud trucks and slutty women. My God they've turned him into a NASCAR fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment