Saturday, November 14, 2009

This Silly Little Golf Ball

If you look down the left hand side of the blog you'll see a widget called Feedjit. Basically this is just a fun tool that shows who came to visit and how they got here ie direct or through a search. Guess what is the biggest draw to this blog? It's that silly little marked up golf ball in the photo.

I did a story several months ago about another blog that was having a ball marking contest so I took out a couple of sharpies and decorated an old Nike practice ball. For some reason, there are a lot of people searching for ball marking.

I mean how difficult is it? Granted the ball in the picture is fine art compared to how most of us mark a ball; but just how tough is it to put two or three dots on the face of a ball. You have to Google it to get instructions?

The second biggest draw from Google is Westchester Golf Course here near LAX. They are finally adding back in the three holes they cut out for a road expansion 8 years ago. So I get a bunch of hits based on Westchester expansion. Once that's done I'll probably lose a third of my traffic.

The runner up, and this really is weird, is a search for "how you gonna have a dream come true". Again I did an article based on that song from South Pacific and apparently there are a lot of people rediscovering it.


The internet is a strange place.

No comments:

Post a Comment